The interscholastic sports program at St. Teresa’s Academy is an integral part of the school curriculum. This program provides student-athletes with experiences and learning situations outside the classroom that will contribute toward the positive development of the total person. STA provides student-athletes with excellent sport-specific and athletic skills training, team and individual success in athletic competition, and education in good sportsmanship.
Contact Ty Abney, Athletic Director, with questions.
As mandated by MSHSAA, student-athletes are not eligible for tryouts until they have an annual physical and complete the MSHSAA Physical Exam Form and submit it electronically to the PRIVIT website. It is also STA Athletics Department policy that all athletes interested in trying out for any athletics team must have a baseline test on file via the XLNTbrain website prior to the start of those respective tryouts.
- October 31 – 6:30-7:45 a.m. (Grades 9-12)
- November 1 – 6-8 p.m. or 3:45 p.m.-5:45 p.m. (Grades 9-12)
- November 2 – 6-7:45 a.m. (Grades 9-12)
- November 3 – 3:45-5:45 p.m. (Grades 9-12)
- November 4 – 3:45-5:45 p.m. (Grades 9-12)
- November 5 – 8-10 a.m. (V/JV); 10 a.m.-12 p.m. (9/C)
Swim and Dive
- November 7 – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- November 8 – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- November 9 – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- November 10 – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- November 11 – 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- November 12 – 8-10 a.m.
As mandated by the Missouri State High School Activities Association, student-athletes are not eligible for tryouts or competition until they have an annual physical and complete the MSHSAA Physical Exam Form. When completed, the form must be submitted electronically to the PRIVIT website. All other forms shown under the athlete’s account must be completed. To ensure proper completion, please refer to either the New Parent Instructions or Returning Parent Instructions. Student-athletes are not allowed to participate in tryouts or contests until all forms are completed and submitted correctly online by Friday, October 28. MSHSAA requirements.
If all items are not complete prior to tryouts, the individual will not be allowed to participate. A physical form completed by a physician on August 1, 2020, or later will be accepted. Please contact Alexa DeClue (816) 501-0011 ext. 309 with any questions.
While the MSHSAA PPE Form is now valid for a two-year period from the date of the physical examination, all other pre-participation documents on PRIVIT must be completed/updated annually for every student-athlete.
NOTE: It is imperative to use the appropriate Parent Instructions and proper submission. No paper forms will be accepted and will be returned to the student-athlete. For questions completing the online submission, please contact PRIVIT Customer Service via this page or by calling 844-234-4357.
STA’s campus has modern athletic facilities to help prepare the student-athletes for competition in the largest classification of MSHSAA schools. The athletic facilities on campus are used daily by the school’s physical education programs. STA utilizes additional off-campus facilities to offer a complete training and competitive experience for student-athletes.
- Basketball (one game court or two practice courts, six goals)
- Volleyball (one or two game/practice courts, two nets)
- Fitness Center
- Large meeting room
- Classroom space with video capabilities
- Indoor batting cages
- Concession stands (indoor/outdoor)
McDonnell Family Sports Complex
- Track (eight-lane track, shot put/discus, high jump, long jump, pole vault)
- Kevin Gray Field (lacrosse, soccer, softball with outdoor batting cages)
- STA Tennis Courts (two courts, resurfaced in 2010)
STA is proud to partner with the Sports Medicine Center at Children’s Mercy. The center provides athletic training services for student-athletes at STA and at many high schools and clubs in the metropolitan area. Staff from the Sports Medicine Center provide sideline coverage and help our student-athletes be prepared physically and avoid injury. Learn More