Advanced/AP/Dual Enrollment

At. St. Teresa’s Academy, you will find numerous opportunities to get a jump on college. Check out the options below and see deadlines for coming year.

STA offers advanced courses for freshmen and sophomores, which provide additional rigor and prepare them for honors/college/AP courses. Advanced courses are non-weighted classes.

Advanced Placement (AP) courses are available to STA students who meet eligibility requirements. Refer to the Course Selection Guide for information. Students are encouraged to research in advance the minimum scores on each subject exam required to earn college credit. College differ on policies. Consult the institution’s website, contact their admissions office or go to the College Board’s website.

Fees for AP exams are the responsibility of the family and are approximately $100 each. Exam registration occurs in the early fall of the course year with no late registrations or refunds. AP scores are not included on transcripts; it is the student’s responsibility to submit scores to the college of choice.  Students must be enrolled in the designated AP course at STA (or through One Schoolhouse/Online School for Girls) to sit for an AP exam.

See the latest AP exam schedule.

A number of courses are offered at STA for college credit through Rockhurst University, Saint Louis University (SLU) and the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC). Dual enrollment courses provide students with a head start on college and potentially save family tuition costs for college credits earned or allow for flexibility in double majors/minors or study abroad.

Students must have an 87.0 minimum cumulative GPA to be eligible for enrollment in college credit courses. It is the student’s responsibility to research if a particular dual enrollment course will transfer to their institution of choice. Consult the institution’s website or the admissions office for more information. It is important to know if they will transfer the credit only, or the credit and the grade earned.

It is recommended that students wait until mid-June following graduation to send an official transcript from Rockhurst, SLU and/or UMKC to the institution in which they plan to enroll. This will ensure that the transcript is complete. It is also recommended that students save the syllabus from any college dual enrollment course in case their college of choice is in need of further details.  

To request transcripts:

  • Rockhurst University – Request online or in person at the Office of the Registrar in Massman Hall.
  • Saint Louis University – Request online.
  • University of Missouri-Kansas City – See information here.

See a list of dual enrollment courses (updated every fall).