Stars shine at Journalism Education Association National Contests
November 15, 2022
Last weekend, STA students competed in the Journalism Education Association’s (JEA’s) National Student Media Contests with stellar results.
In all, 1,119 students competed in photo, broadcast, graphic design, literary magazine and writing contests. The JEA recognized 75 students with superior ratings, 168 with excellent ratings, and 266 with honorable mentions.
Please join us in congratulating the following:
- Anna M. (junior): Superior, Newswriting
- Catherine G. (junior): Excellent, Press Law and Ethics
- MaryGrace S. (junior): Excellent, Yearbook Sports Writing
- Tierney F. (junior): Honorable Mention, Feature Writing
- Caroline H. (senior): Honorable Mention, Editorial Writing
- Sarah S. (junior): Honorable Mention, Yearbook Student Life Writing
- Anna S. (junior): Honorable Mention, Commentary
- Veronica W. (junior): Honorable Mention, Yearbook Academic Writing