St. Teresa's Academy proudly continues Going Global - Utilizing Technology for 21st Century Education, our vision for employing the latest technology to improve and enhance quality and depth of education. Supporting this vision is our one-to-one tablet program. This initiative provides every student with a customized tablet computer for lease throughout the 2016-17 school year. The tablets serve as a tool for students to access information and technologies necessary for advanced instruction and learning. Broadening access to global resources through the tablet program is just one part of our technology vision and supports the Academy's continual commitment to excellence in education.
Microsoft warranty: $149
If you are interested in purchasing a 2-year extended warranty with accidental coverage for your daughter's Surface Pro through Microsoft, please bring your daughter's device to the Microsoft store at Oak Park Mall to be evaluated. You will also be asked to provide your daughter's STA email address. The last day to purchase a warranty is 9/11/16.
Coverage is as follows:
Two year Microsoft Complete for Surface Pro 4:
- Two years of accidental damage and hardware protection (both liquid and physical) along with in-store, over the phone, and online tech support.
- Maximum two claims over the course of the two years. $49 per unit for a refurbished replacement unit.
- Covers two years of in-store personal training. Each training is one hour per person, with a limit of one training per day
- ** DOES NOT COVER LOSS OR THEFT **
Examples of damaged covered by the warrenty:
- Cracked screens caused by accident (dropping the device, knocking it off a desk etc.)
- Broken kick stand, damage to DisplayPort/USB caused by accident (forcing a flash drive/display adapter are the most common we see!)
- Liquid spilling on the device (not Keyboard/Pen/Power Supply) as the warranty does not cover any accessories)Store Hours:
Before store opening each day (through 9/11/16):
8:30-9:30 a.m. Monday - Saturday
10-11:00 a.m. Sunday
Or stop by anytime the store is open
Find further warrenty information here. The deadline to purchase insurance ends September 11, 2016.
Personal homeowner's insurance:
Check with your insurance carrier to see if the device is covered by your existing policy or if it can be purchased separately. You will need to provide the following information:
- Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet 4
- Core i5-6300U @ 2.40GHz [2 core(s) x64]
- Physical Memory: 4023 MB
- NVMe 128GB SSD
- 12.3inch Display
- Windows 10 Education
- Cost - $1,000
- Student Name and Tablet Serial # (please reference the email sent to you with this information)
If your daughter has recently replaced her tablet through the Help Desk, please contact Jeff Zimmerman for a new serial number.
Click here to download the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for the 2017-18 school year.
Instructions for home laptop use.