STATEMENT ON UNIFORM ATTIRE
(The uniform is stated in the affirmative. Any garment not specifically stated is considered non uniform.)
Formal Uniform (Every student must have a formal uniform.)
- Tartan plaid skirt- maximum of 3 inches above knee bone. Students with shorter skirts will be required to lengthen the skirt or replace it within a designated period of time.
- White or black monogrammed polo shirt with collar purchased through STAR Shop.
- Juniors and Seniors only-Solid black or red v-neck sweater, sweater vest or cardigan with the STA emblem purchased through the STAR shop
- Freshman and Sophomores only- or solid black or red blazer with the STA emblem purchased through the STAR shop
- Solid black, solid white, solid grey socks.
- Solid black ankle length tights/leggings.
- Shoes: closed-toed and closed heel shoes.
Administration reserves the right to send a student home when in violation of the school uniform policy. The absence will be marked unexcused.
In Classroom Uniform Expectations (includes Formal Uniform items)
- Hair dyed must be a natural color.
- Skirt hemlines are to be 3 inches above knee bone.
- Monogrammed black scarf purchased from STAR Shop.
- Only solid white T-shirts may be worn under monogrammed polo shirt.
- Black uniform dress pant must be purchased from the Star Shop.
- Students may wear an official STA sweatshirt/t-shirt on Fridays.
- Students may purchase and wear a black monogrammed fleece vest from the Star Shop.
- Students may purchase and wear grey, black, or white three quarter zip STA logo pull over from the STAR shop.
- Students may purchase and wear the monogrammed three quarter zip raincoat from the STAR shop.
- Students may purchase and wear a black monogrammed fleece jacket from STAR Shop.
- Ear piercing jewelry only.
- Students must remove all coats/jackets/sweaters/sweatshirts/scarves that are not defined above upon entering the classroom.
- Students may not change or destroy the skirt or pants or sweater (i.e., pull threads out, cut, roll up, safety pinned, unzipped, cut sweater to make into a cardigan, etc.) and continue to wear them to school.
Unacceptable Uniform Attire
- No hats, visors, sunglasses, scarves or distracting accessories are permitted.
- No capri length pants/tights/leggings.
- No body piercing jewelry such as nose, eyebrows, tongue, lips, etc.
- No visible tattoos.
- No hoodies
- Non-STA sweatshirts/collar shirts etc.
Outerwear: (must be removed in classroom)
- All other coats/jackets or STA Sweatshirts may be worn between classes as needed and in morning and afternoon advisory but must be removed once seated in the classroom.
- No Non STA sweatshirts may be worn as coats or jackets.
- No blankets may be worn as coats or jackets.
Unacceptable “Out of Uniform Days” Attire
- Extremely short shorts or skirts
- Bare backs, shoulders and midriffs, low cut shirts (back and front)
- Clothing which displays alcohol, drugs, tobacco, obscenities, sex
- Halters, spaghetti straps, tube tops
- Flip flop shoes, bedroom slippers, beach shoes, crocs, birkenstocks
- Flexible, form fitting pants such as yoga pants, leggings or jeans may be worn with an untucked shirt/blouse which reaches a student’s fingertips when arms are rested at the side.
Discipline Policy for Out of Uniform Violations:
A student not in uniform will receive a Category III Student Behavior Report and consequences. Repeated uniform violations will result in a Category II SBR and consequences in the Ten Level Program. Administration reserves the right to send a student home when in violation of the school uniform policy. The absence will be marked unexcused.