STATEMENT ON UNIFORM ATTIRE
(The uniform is stated in the affirmative. Any garment not specifically stated is considered non-uniform.)
Formal Uniform (Every student must have a formal uniform.)
- Tartan plaid skirt- maximum of 3 inches above knee bone. Students with shorter skirts will be required to lengthen the skirt or replace it within a designated period of time.
- White or black STA emblem polo shirt with collar purchased through STAR Shop.
- Solid black or red v-neck sweater, sweater vest or cardigan with the STA emblem.
- Solid black, solid white, solid grey socks.
- Solid black ankle length tights/leggings.
- Shoes: closed-toed shoes.
Administration reserves the right to send a student home when in violation of the school uniform policy. The absence will be marked unexcused.
In Classroom Uniform Expectations (includes Formal Uniform items)
- Hair dyed must be a natural color.
- Skirt hemlines are to be 3 inches above knee bone.
- STA emblem black scarf purchased from STAR Shop.
- Only solid white T-shirts may be worn under STA emblem polo shirt.
- Black uniform dress pant must be purchased from Dennis Uniform.
- Students may wear an official STA emblem sweatshirt/t-shirt on Fridays.
- Students may purchase and wear a black monogrammed fleece vest from Dennis Uniform.
- Students may purchase and wear a black monogrammed fleece jacket from STAR Shop.
- Earlobe piercing jewelry only.
- Students must remove all coats/jackets/scarves upon entering the classroom.
- Students may not change or destroy the skirt or pants or sweater (i.e., pull threads out, cut, roll up, safety pinned, unzipped, cut sweater to make into a cardigan, etc.) and continue to wear them to school.
Unacceptable Uniform Attire
- No hats, visors, sunglasses, scarves or distracting accessories are permitted.
- No capri length pants/tights/leggings.
- No body piercing jewelry such as nose, eyebrows, tongue, lips, etc.
- No visible tattoos.
- No hoodies.
- Non-STA sweatshirts/collar shirts etc.
Outerwear: (must be removed in classroom)
- Coats/jackets may be worn between buildings as needed and in morning and afternoon advisory but must be removed in the classroom.
- STA Three Quarter zips/Sweatshirts worn as coats/jackets must be removed in the classroom.
Unacceptable “Out of Uniform Days” Attire
- Extremely short shorts or skirts
- Bare backs, shoulders and midriffs, low cut shirts (back and front)
- Clothing which displays alcohol, drugs, tobacco, obscenities, sex
- Halters, spaghetti straps, tube tops
- Flip flop shoes, bedroom slippers, beach shoes
Discipline Policy for Out of Uniform Violations
A student not in uniform will receive a Category III Student Behavior Report and a detention to be served the day of the violation or the following school day. Repeated uniform violations (in excess of 4) will result in a Category II SBR and consequences in the Ten Level Program. (See section titled, STA Behavioral System, for additional details.) Administration reserves the right to send a student home when in violation of the school uniform policy. The absence will be marked unexcused.