The McDonnell Family Sports Complex enhances the STA athletic program and promotes the health and wellness of all students. Through an innovative partnership with UMKC, St. Teresa’s Academy shared in the cost of constructing the facility.
Although a significant portion of the project has been funded, additional financial support is still needed. Please consider a gift or pledge. Your gift will help ensure St. Teresa’s remains the high school of choice for young women in the Kansas City area.
Premier Athletic Facility
- Regulation eight lane track with Mondotrack construction: prefabricated synthetic rubber track surface providing excellent shock absorption and energy return as well as unparalleled durability. Official running surface for the last nine Olympic games.
- Regulation synthetic turf field with Mondoturf construction providing the same playing performance and characteristics as natural grass.
- Surrounded by black iron fence and designed that fits aesthetically into the existing historical grounds without disruption to surrounding streets or land.
- Supports over 400 student athletes participating in eleven different varsity sports, including the track and field, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, softball, and golf teams.
- Provides practice facilities comparable with competing schools.
- Students practice on our campus, eliminating travel time and rental expenses associated with off site practice fields.
- Benefits all members of our school community including those who participate in physical education classes, walking club, conditioning, summer and team camps.
- The regulation size track and field was an unfulfilled need among many schools in urban Kansas City, including the University of Missouri-Kansas City. UMKC leases the facility from STA for team practices, which creates an innovative partnership and provides significant cost savings to both schools.
For additional information, please contact Barbara Cusick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.501.0031.