Leadership Chair - Ava Larson
Scholarship Chair - Abby Farmer
Service Chair - Mara Kugler
Character Chair - Arwen Dickson
Finance & Publicity Chair - Ella Sowle
Olivia Akers, Grace Ashley, Carmon Baker, Charlotte Baker, Juliet Barnett, Cara Barone, Emma Bessenbacher, Isabelle Bryars, Maeve Burns, Ellen Colombo, Evelyn Diamond, Arwen Dickson, Isabella Dougherty Jaime, Jeanne Eckels, Abby Farmer, Claire Faulkner, Abby Fellows, Ava FitzGerald, Allyson Fox, Josephine Fox, Mary Katherine Gallagher, Elizabeth Graham, Lauren Halverson, Eileen Harrington, Jacqueline Hawley, Elizabeth Hayes, McKenzie Heffron, Molly Hirner, Elise Johnson, Brynne Kelley, Mara Kugler, Simone Kuo, Ava Larson, Eleanor Lee, Kennedy Maher, Emily Majors, Ella Masek, Isabel Mayer, Katie McCarthy, Margaret McInerney, Mia McManamy, Morgan Mos, Lauren North, Leah North, Merideth O'Donnell, Lauren Peters, Adelle Quick, Kathleen Riffle, Rachel Robinson, Elie Roddy, Morgan Saxe, Victoria Scheuer, Claire Smith, Olivia Sopyla, Ella Sowle, Lillian Stafford, Lydia Stiles, Natalie Stubbers, Elizabeth Torrey, Christina Wilcox, Georgia Winfield
The 2020-2021 Application will be available November 15. The deadline for submitting applications is December 1 at 11:59 pm. Incoming members are notified of selection by late January or early February.
The following documents will be included in your resume, if you would like to use them for a template as you complete service hours and fill-in your resume. Each document outlines the criteria for service and leadership that is evaluated in the application. Remember to include all service hours, not just the 10 hour requirement. Selection into NHS is based on the following criteria and is a holistic review process, with equal weight placed on scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
- 2020-2021 Application (Available Fall 2020)
- Service to STA
- Community Service
- NHS Leadership, Honors, and Activities Resume
- Current Junior or senior.
- Hold a 93.0 cumulative weighted GPA or higher at the end of the previous academic year. Members must maintain a 93.0 GPA to remain a member of National Honor Society.
- Minimum of 10 hours of service to STA between March 15 of the application year and the application deadline. Eligible hours must be beyond already required STA service hours for an STA scholarship, club or organization.
- Minimum of 10 hours of service to Kansas City community between March 15 of the application year and the application deadline. Hours must be performed at a not-for-profit agency, organization, church or school. Community hours as part of the 90 graduation requirement may not be used, but additional hours at your agency may be used.
- Leadership and activities
- Character: review of SBR history
Each year the members of the National Honor Society sponsor Culver's Nights to benefit the STA Student Emergency Fund. Members participate in various service projects throughout the year including STA Back-to-School Night, peer tutoring, and numerous STA and community based events. NHS members are also responsible for the campus wide ink cartridge recycling program.