Leadership Chair - Kelly Blickhan*
Scholarship Chair - Natalie Kistler*
Service Chair - Morgan Richards*
Character Chair - Sal Scott*
Finance & Publicity Chair - Ana Ryan*
* Indicates 2017-2018 Officer
Members (Inducted - Spring 2017): Seniors: Elizabeth Barton, Marilyn Cornell, Gwyneth Doran, Jamie Hafenstine, Deidre Herrman, Lillian McGonigle, Gloria Mun, Tess Rellihan, Jade Reidel, Isabela Solorio, Iyanla Williams, Hannah Zastrow. Juniors: Emma Anielak, Mary Kate Armstrong, Eve Aspinwall, Lia Biritz, Emilie Blanck, Zoe Butler, Megan Cotter, Taylor Crimmins, Camille Goodwin, Megan Hutchinson, Katelyne Kratofil, Molly Madden, Julia Mantel, Gabby Martinez, Olivia Matlock, Ruth McKee, Gigi Mullins, Mamie Murphy, Faith Palausky, Allison Porras, Sarah Schaefer, Mia Schloegel, Amelia Schulte, Hannah Steen, Courtney Talken, Megan Warnecke, Claire Wilmont.
2018 Induction Ceremony - Tuesday, February 6th - 11:00 am - Noon: All newly selected members, returning members and their families are invited to attend. A lite lunch will be served following the ceremony. We will conclude by noon, so all members can attend their period six class.
The 2018 Application will be available November 1. The deadline for submitting applications is November 15 at 11:59 pm. Incoming members are notified of selection by January 15.
The following documents will be included in your resume, if you would like to use them for a template as you complete service hours and fill-in your resume. Each document outlines the criteria for service and leadership that is evaluated in the application. Remember to include all service hours, not just the 15 hour requirement. Selection into NHS is based on the following criteria and is a holistic review process, with equal weight placed on scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
- 2019 Application (available November 1)
- Service to STA
- Community Service
- NHS Leadership, Honors, and Activities Resume
- Current Junior or senior.
- Hold a 93. cumulative GPA or higher at the end of the previous academic year. Membership must maintain a 93*. GPA to remain a member of National Honor Society.
- Minimum of 15 hours of service to STA*: between March 15 of the application year and the application deadline. Eligible hours must be beyond already required STA service hours for an STA scholarship, club or organization.
- Minimum of 15 hours of service to Kansas City community*: between March 15 of the application year and the application deadline. Hours must be performed at a not-for-profit agency, organization, church or school. Community hours as part of the 90 graduation requirement may not be used, but additional hours at your agency may be used.
- Leadership and activities
- Character: review of SBR history
*Annual requirements for NHS
Each year the members of the National Honor Society sponsor Culver's Nights to benefit the STA Student Emergency Fund. Members participate in various service projects throughout the year including STA Back-to-School Night, peer tutoring, and numerous STA and community based events. NHS members are also responsible for the campus wide ink cartridge recycling program.