Gabriella Mesa** - Leadership Chair - Kelly Blickhan*
Maggie Fielder** - Scholarship Chair - Natalie Kistler*
Jordan Klumb** - Service Chair - Morgan Richards*
Macy Bauers** - Character Chair - Sal Scott*
Audrey Giersch** - Finance & Publicity Chair - Ana Ryan*
* Indicates 2017-2018 Officer **Indicates 2018-2019 Officer
Members (Inducted - Spring 2017): Seniors: Elizabeth Barton, Marilyn Cornell, Gwyneth Doran, Jamie Hafenstine, Deidre Herrman, Lillian McGonigle, Gloria Mun, Tess Rellihan, Jade Reidel, Isabela Solorio, Iyanla Williams, Hannah Zastrow. Juniors: Emma Anielak, Mary Kate Armstrong, Eve Aspinwall, Lia Biritz, Emilie Blanck, Zoe Butler, Megan Cotter, Taylor Crimmins, Camille Goodwin, Megan Hutchinson, Katelyne Kratofil, Molly Madden, Julia Mantel, Gabby Martinez, Olivia Matlock, Ruth McKee, Gigi Mullins, Mamie Murphy, Faith Palausky, Allison Porras, Sarah Schaefer, Mia Schloegel, Amelia Schulte, Hannah Steen, Courtney Talken, Megan Warnecke, Claire Wilmot.
Members (Inducted - Spring 2018): Juniors: Jordan Klumb, Macy Bauers, Gabriella Mesa, Audrey Giersch, Maggie Fielder, Lily Altenhofen, Brianne Arello, Caroline Armstrong, Sydney Baker, Natalie Barber, Olivia Barrett, Grace Berghoff, Maureen Burns, Addison Coppinger, Katherine Coppinger, Cecilia Curran, Olivia Davison, Reilly Donnelly, Leah Dorris, Maddie Douglass, Brooke Eldridge, Nicole Ficklin, Isabelle Fleming, Lorna Green, Lucy Hodes, Cecilia Hodes, Hannah Jirousek, Rhianna Jones, Julia Kerrigan, Jane Kincaid, Lenytte Matos. Kathryn McCabe, Olivia Michka, Mary Mohajir, Jillian Morrison, Arleigh Perkins, Faith Rauen, Margaux Renee, Emily Robyn, Olivia Rose, Sophia Shugart, Brynn Slattery, Paloma Solorio, Paige Sopyla, GabriellebStaker, Ellery Stubbers, Mary Sullivan, Annabelle Tangen, Margaret Thompson, Lucille Whittaker, Olivia Wirtz. Seniors: Reilly Atkins, Siobhan Bradley, Audrey Davis, Catherine Ebbitts, Isabel Flores, Devin John, Layne Stowers
2019 Induction Ceremony - TBD
The 2018-2019 Application will be available November 1. The deadline for submitting applications is November 15 at 11:59 pm. Incoming members are notified of selection by January 15.
The following documents will be included in your resume, if you would like to use them for a template as you complete service hours and fill-in your resume. Each document outlines the criteria for service and leadership that is evaluated in the application. Remember to include all service hours, not just the 15 hour requirement. Selection into NHS is based on the following criteria and is a holistic review process, with equal weight placed on scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
- 2018-2019 Application (available November 1)
- Service to STA
- Community Service
- NHS Leadership, Honors, and Activities Resume
- Current Junior or senior.
- Hold a 93. cumulative GPA or higher at the end of the previous academic year. Membership must maintain a 93*. GPA to remain a member of National Honor Society.
- Minimum of 15 hours of service to STA*: between March 15 of the application year and the application deadline. Eligible hours must be beyond already required STA service hours for an STA scholarship, club or organization.
- Minimum of 15 hours of service to Kansas City community*: between March 15 of the application year and the application deadline. Hours must be performed at a not-for-profit agency, organization, church or school. Community hours as part of the 90 graduation requirement may not be used, but additional hours at your agency may be used.
- Leadership and activities
- Character: review of SBR history
*Annual requirements for NHS
Each year the members of the National Honor Society sponsor Culver's Nights to benefit the STA Student Emergency Fund. Members participate in various service projects throughout the year including STA Back-to-School Night, peer tutoring, and numerous STA and community based events. NHS members are also responsible for the campus wide ink cartridge recycling program.