The mission of the Academic Counseling Department is to assist all students in the process of academic and career development so that they may reach their full potential as students, young adults, and citizens of a global society.
Kathy Brodie, M.S. Ed, Director of Learning and Leadership
- Academic counselor specializing in study skills, test-taking, and time management strategies
- Coordinator of the eMentoring Program
Mary Gajewski, LMSW
- Coordinator for testing accommodations for ACT/PSAT/SAT/AP Exams
- Coordinator of STAR Seminar for Freshmen
- Coordinator/Facilitator of the #1 Club
Amanda Whitcomb, MSW, LCSW, LSCSW
- Individual and group counselor specializing in personal, behavioral, social, and interpersonal issues
- Coordinator of the Teen Exchange seminar for sophomores presented by MOCSA
- Coordinator/Facilitator of Sources of Strength
- Provide developmental guidance for students in the school to promote academic, personal/social, and career development in a proactive and preventive manner.
- Provide individual counseling for students and parents identified in need.
- Consult with teachers, parents, faculty, and administrators concerning student academic, personal/social and career success.
- Provide a liaison with community agencies to garner services for students and families.
For information on our College Counseling Department and standardized testing click here.