Freshman STAR Seminar is an extended semester-long orientation to ease those first-year jitters! This seminar is designed to help all freshmen make a successful transition into high school. Many guest speakers from throughout the STA community inform students about all aspects of life here on campus. Other topics are presented to equip students to handle the personal, social and academic concerns of adolescence.
- Learn the history, activities and traditions of St. Teresa's Academy.
- Find out how to get involved in clubs, traditional activities and volunteer endeavors.
- Understand how to calculate your GPA.
- Learn how to make the most of your study time.
- Gather organizational tips from other students.
- Meet a variety of administrators, faculty, staff and upperclassmen.
- Discover the importance of choosing your attitude.
- Gain knowledge of test-taking strategies.
- Participate in a personality inventory and address learning styles.
Grade: 9 (required)
Length of Course: One semester; available first semester