- Computer Laptops
- College Counseling
- Summer Courses
- Summer Assignments
- English Paperback Novels
- Academic Accommodations
- Honor Roll
- Add/Drop Course
- Online School For Girls
- Career Exploration Workshop
- Summer PSAT Course
Requirements and Timeline
- Juniors should read through the documents on the Junior/Senior Service page on Moodle following the class meeting at which the program was introduced. They should share the information and discuss with their parents.
- Students will attend the Service Fair in September. This fair is considered an in-school field trip and attendance is required. Each student will be assigned a specific time to attend the fair. Each junior is required to speak with six agencies at the fair, but is encouraged to speak with as many as possible.
- Each junior should set up interviews with agencies that interested her during the months of October and November. She will interview, ask questions and tour the facilities while there.
- Students will select an agency, complete her service contract (which includes signatures of parent, advisor, and agency contact) and return the contract to the service office M207 by the designated date. Any student not choosing to complete the contract by the date assigned will be assigned an agency by Mrs. Absher and will serve a detention every day until the contract is completed.
- Program Summary:
Phase 1 – 30 hours of service completed during Service Week of junior year
Phase 2 – 30 hours of service completed between the end of Phase 1 and the first day of orientation the following year
Phase 3 – 30 hours of service completed during Service Week of senior year
Capstone Project – a portfolio completed throughout the student’s time working with her agency containing reflections, journal entries,
interviews and projects – completed by March deadline
- All 90 hours along with capstone projects will be verified by March of the student’s graduation year. Students will then be eligible for graduation in May in terms of the service requirement.
- Each student is responsible for meeting the program deadlines and following up on verification of service hours performed. Verified service hours will be posted on the Service Board in M&A.
Director of Service
(816) 501-0011 x282